PRACTICAL INFORMATION & INSTRUCTIONS ABOUT THE HYBRID MODE
WasteEng2022 will be held in a HYBRID MODE from June 27 to June 30, 2022, with LIVE INTERACTIVE SESSIONS AND DISCUSSIONS ONLY opened to REGISTERED PARTICIPANTS.
Two tools will be used: Whova © and Zoom ©.
- Whova © is an interactive application adapted for computer and mobile devices (Android, IOS) which will allow to:
o View the conference programme and make your own schedule.
o Access to sessions, livestream (Zoom ©) and videos (pre-recorded presentations) and participate to the Q&A session.
o Directly contact the conference organisation and/or participants.
o Set up virtual “face-to-face” meetings with your fellow attendees.
o Create and chat in various topic discussion forums.
- Zoom © will be used for live sessions. Each live and interactive session will be designed as a “face-to-face” event including the live presentations of all participants (or pre-recorded presentations) and live Q&A sessions.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE HYBRID MODE
- When accessing to Whova?: Whova platform will be opened at least one week before the conference. A dedicated procedure to install and to fill your profile will be available once the platform is opened. You should be registered to the conference to access the platform.
- Whova functions: the Whova platform will allow you to directly contact the conference organisation and/or participants, set up virtual « face-to-face » meetings with your fellow attendees, create and chat in various topic discussion forums.
- Programme schedule: the Whova platform will allow you to have access to the programme and design your agenda over the four days. Videos of the presentations (oral and poster) and Q&A Zoom sessions will be available 5 min before the scheduled time.
- Poster session: poster session will be held in face-to-face during the poster sessions and will be available on Whova with full time exposure during the conference (no live sessions). Participants will be able to view the 3 min video and the PDF file of the poster into the agenda. Then, they will be able to ask written questions via the chat.
- Your paper(s): A paper (sub-session) will appear in the agenda as follows: Scheduled time + title + speaker. Your uploaded bio and picture will be available there. A link to your recorded presentation will be made available through a private Vimeo-channel.
- The virtual WHOVA platform will remain available 4 months after the conference
Live sessions with Zoom
- When accessing to Zoom?: Zoom is only dedicated to live sessions (from June 27 to 30, 2022). Live sessions corresponds to Plenary, Keynote, Oral and Oral Flash sessions in the programme.
- Q&A sessions in live sessions: there will be one Zoom-Q&A meeting per Oral session scheduled at the end of session. The Q&A duration for each presentation will be of 5 min for plenary and keynote presentations; 3 min for oral presentation; and 2 min for oral flash presentation. The questions will be addressed by the session chair to the speaker.
- Speakers scheduled for live sessions: the “virtual” speakers should be connected during their presentation at the virtual session. All presentations will be in live mode (for “in-person” and “virtual” participants). It is highly recommended that the speakers have their pptx presentation available before connecting to Zoom.